Here To Resolve Your Family Matters.
Here at Kenny law we provide knowledgeable and experienced legal representation in a wide range of divorce and family law matters. We understand that family relationships do break down and the experience of separation and divorce is challenging and stressful. We are here to guide you throughout the entire process and ensure you reach the right decisions for yourself, your future, and your family while helping alleviate your stress.
Our goal is to assist you in protecting not just your interests but your family as well, and as such we employ every Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism in trying to resolve the matter in an amicable and problem free process. We are here to help you reach peaceful resolutions and offer you the compassion and legal service that you require during your trialing times. we offer various services which may include, but are not limited to:
- Divorce: The legal process which terminates a marriage, and in Canada is governed by the Divorce Act.
- Child Custody and Access: Whether you want to protect your parental rights with equal access and decision-making authority or are seeking primary custody of minor children; or in situations where you want to contest and retain custody or access to your child in matters involving the Child Aid Society of Ontario.
- Child Support: Every parent has equal financial responsibility for supporting their children, although we understand that the economic considerations involved may necessitate a spouse having to support financially, ensure this burden is shared correctly and your children are supported financially.
- Division of Debt & Property: In marriages, it is the growth in the value of property during the marriage that the spouses share equally, after subtracting debts; this is known as the Net Family Property (“NFP”). The NFP is calculated as of the Valuation Date (this being the date of separation, the date of divorce, or the date of annulment, whichever is the earliest). We help ensure you receive a fair division of property.
- Disposal of the Marital Home: We assist you in disposing of the marital home; this is a separate process from the division of property and a matrimonial home is the landed property (house) where both spouses have cohabited during the subsistence of their marriage.
- Spousal Support: If you are entitled to supposed support, we help determine if you qualify and how much you could receive.
- Post-Divorce Order Modifications: Situations changes, and as such we are here to assist you in bringing reality into play, by making necessary modifications to sequel to a divorce order, to initial agreements, like changes in income, child’s needs, living conditions, and so on, we help negotiate modifications while protecting your interests.
- Agreements and Contracts: Marriage agreements are agreements that set out what will happen to assets and debts, spousal support, child support, and a child custody access plan should divorce occur. In Ontario family judges are not required to accept the marriage agreement terms regarding child custody, so judges exercise a great deal of discretion.
- Litigation and Appeals: In situations involving litigation, contact us.
- Mediation and Arbitration: Mediation/Arbitration are alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, which help with resolving disputes.